VP/Senior Director of Finance & Operations
Location: Remote - US
RangeForce is growing and we have a unique opportunity for a talented Finance & Operations leader to help propel the company to the next level.
RangeForce provides a market leading, cloud-based cybersecurity simulation platform that delivers a hands-on learning experience to help organizations build their cyber defense teams. The company’s mission is to become the industry standard for developing, measuring, and sharing cyber skills. RangeForce is VC-backed by Cisco, Energy Impact Partners, Paladin Capital Group, Techstars, and other security investors.
You will own the finance & operations function. This role will report to the CFO/COO and work closely with the CEO and the rest of the Leadership team. You’ll work to create scalable processes that ensure best practices in accounting operations, financial reporting, forecasting, and overall company building. You’ll build upon the current financial and operational foundation to help RangeForce meet its short-term and long-term objectives.
Our ideal candidate is someone comfortable being “hands-on”, while wearing multiple hats, with experience in financial planning/analysis, accounting, and operations. In addition to being an outstanding communicator, you will also demonstrate excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Support business strategy through the creation of an integrated strategic, operating, and financial plan in collaboration with all key stakeholders. Thought and execution partner to the CEO, leadership team, and company overall.
- Build financial & ROI models to support company planning, investment analysis, and decision making. Own annual budget and rolling financial forecast models.
- Analyze and present financial and KPI reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for key stakeholders including the company’s employees, investors, board of directors, and banking partners.
- Support fundraising including helping to craft the company vision, TAM, financial story, financial models, and metrics for investors. Participate in fundraising discussions as needed.
- Oversee day-to-day financial operations, compliance, & risk management including managing the company’s external accounting / controller partner and legal resources. Manage audit and tax partners, external vendors, and banking relationships. Liaise with auditors and external tax firms to perform the annual audit and maintain tax compliance.
- Partner closely with the HR team on payroll, benefits, goal setting (OKRs), performance management, and compliance.
- Drive the selection process and implementation of financial and accounting processes, procedures and systems as the company scales. Own cap table management and company facilities.
- Help educate the entire employee base on company performance measurement, financial best practices, budgeting, KPIs, and equity.
- At least 5 years experience working in financial strategy, FP&A, accounting or operations, with at least some technology industry experience and/or experience with VC-backed start-ups
- High integrity, credibility, and dedication.
- Learner and a self starter. Excited to grow in the role and build a great team over time.
- Experience and passion for leading and building teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to view the business from a broad, operational perspective. Track record of developing and implementing successful financial strategies.
- Strong analytical skill set, problem solving skills, and attention to detail. Strong knowledge of financial forecasting.
- Working knowledge of GAAP related to SaaS accounting.
- Tech-savvy, ideally with experience utilizing cloud accounting, financial, and sales & marketing platforms (Quickbooks, SaasOptics, Bill.com, Salesforce.com, Hubspot, etc).
- International experience helpful but not required (US parent company with two wholly owned international subsidiaries).
- Excited about RangeForce’s mission to become the industry standard for developing, measuring, and sharing cyber skills.
- Minimal travel expected.
RangeForce is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer.